The NSW Architects Registration Board consists of 11 members, including 2 architects who are elected by architects.
Both elected architect positions will expire in December 2022.
The Board now calls for nominations for candidates to fill the 2 vacant elected architect positions.
The Board is multi-disciplinary and comprises members with expertise across architecture, the built environment, planning, law, local government and the community. Section 60 of the Architects Act 2003 sets out the membership of the Board, which includes:
- the immediate past President of the New South Wales Chapter of the Australian Institute of Architects
- the NSW Government Architect
- an architect who is an academic and who teaches in an accredited architecture program in New South Wales
- 2 architects who are elected by architects
- an architect appointed by the Minister for Small Business and Fair Trading to represent the interests of practising architects and who is not an office holder in any Australian architectural industry organisation
- 5 persons who are appointed by the Minister for Small Business and Fair Trading and who are not architects. They include:
- 1 person who represents the public interest in architectural matters and the views of home owners as consumers of architectural services,
- 1 person with expertise in the property development industry,
- 1 person with particular knowledge and awareness of the views of local government in respect of the quality of building,
- 1 person who is an Australian legal practitioner with expertise in building and construction law,
- 1 person with expertise in the building industry.
Call for nominations
Nominations are invited for 2 architect members of the Board.
A candidate for election must be an architect and must be nominated by 2 architects.
All candidates must complete the Nomination Form, and ensure it reaches the Board by 5pm on Tuesday, 23 August 2022.
What does the role involve?
- Regular attendance at monthly Board meetings (4th Wednesday of each month, 4pm-6pm)
- Enthusiastic participation in committee duties, including the Complaints Committee, Finance and Risk Committee and Sydney Architecture Festival
- Other duties such as participation on selection panels for the Architects Medallion, Byera Hadley Travelling Scholarships and the like
Find out more:
If you want to know more about how the Board works and what it aims to do, download:
- Nominations open: Wednesday, 27 July 2022
- Nominations close: 5pm on Tuesday, 23 August 2022
In the event that a ballot is required to be held, the election will be conducted by the Australian Election Company via electronic voting.
An architect may choose to vote by paper postal ballot providing the architect notifies the Board in writing of this choice by 5pm on Tuesday, 23 August 2022.