Information collected and subsequently disseminated to the public is overseen by the NSWARB for the purpose of administering the NSW Architects Act. The NSWARB is charged in maintaining a Register of Architects and List of Architect Corporations and Firms which contain the name and address of each entity. Section 26 of the Act requires the NSWARB to publish the names and addresses of all architects in a Register for information of the public in such form (whether printed, electronic or both) as the NSWARB may specify from time to time.
Users of the website
When you look at the pages of the NSWARB website, information is automatically recorded that identifies your IP address or address of the machine that has accessed it, the address of your server, the date and time of your visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded and the type of browser and operating system you have used. The information you have collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports in order for the NSWARB to identify patterns of usage of the site.
The NSWARB will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or IP addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988.
The NSWARB will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above in the following circumstances:
- Unauthorised attempts to access files which are not published NSWARB pages
- Unauthorised tampering or interference with files published in the NSWARB pages
- Unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the NSWARB site by other sites
- Attempts to intercept messages of other users of the NSWARB site
- Communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- Attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the NSW Government or interfere with the use of the NSWARB website by other users