When to use this form :
- if your name was removed from the NSW Register of Architects and you now wish to have your name reinstated to the Register in the practising category (see policy) or
- if you previously held or currently hold non-practising registration and now wish to apply for registration in the practising category (see policy) or
- if you wish to be registered or reinstated to the NSW Register of Architects in the non-practising category as you have retired from practice or are not likely to be practising as an architect for the foreseeable future
It is not possible for architects to transfer to a different category within 70 days of their registration renewal date.
Please note that applicants, who have a business or residential address outside of NSW, applying to be reinstated in the practising category under the Mutual Recognition Act can request a waiver of the restoration fee if they upload a finalised Form 02A completed by the registration authority in each State or Territory where they hold current registration or have previously held registration.
If applying to be reinstated in the practising category, the following Professional Indemnity Insurance documentation will be required:
- If you hold appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance for the services you provide or are an employee of a firm, you will be required to upload a copy of the PII Certificate of Currency.
- If you have established an architectural firm recently, you will be required to upload evidence of this such as ASIC company registration or ABN registration.
- If you are only going to be providing architectural services overseas for the 2020/2021 year, download the PII Practising Overseas Undertaking and upload completed undertaking together with relevant supporting documentation.
- If you are applying for an exemption from the requirement to hold Professional Indemnity Insurance for the 2020/2021 year, please download the PII Exemption Request Undertaking and upload completed undertaking with relevant supporting documentation.