The next round of applications will open on Monday 10 January 2022, and close at 5pm on Friday 21 January 2022.
Follow and complete the 5 Steps online.
- Select your academic qualification from the drop down menu.
- Select Institution from the drop down menu. The Institution is the awarding body of your academic qualification.
- Date of graduation must be the date appearing on your degree testamur; or the date your degree was conferred; or the date of accreditation letter.
- For NPrA successful candidates the date of graduation is the date on the certificate issued by AACA for completing the NPrA. The awarding institution is AACA.
- For BWPrA successful candidates the date of graduation is the date when the Program was completed as per letter from the Board. The awarding Institution is NSWARB.
Work experience: tick relevant checkboxes.
If you are applying for the first time (APE Part 1 & 2) or if you have applied for the APE more than two years previously, you must upload Documents #1 and #2
Applying for Part 2 only - If you are applying to re-sit the NEP within 2 years from the date of first notification of being unsuccessful in Part 2 NEP you must upload updated Documents 1 and 2.
- Logbook Identification with photograph
- Mandatory Competency Summary (V.7 Feb 2018 or latest)
- Summary Sheets arranged in the order Executive, Participant and Observer (do not include blank summary sheets)
CV and Statement of Practical Experience (SPE), as prescribed:
All practical experience logged under the supervision of an architect – the SPE must be a maximum of 2000 words and must include the supervising architect’s name, registration number and contact details associated with all projects listed in the SPE in the 2 years immediately preceding the APE Part 1 application.
Self Employed (SE), Allied Industry (AI) or combination of practical experience – If some or all experience is not under the supervision of an architect, the SPE must be a maximum of 3000 words and must include the names and contact details of clients associated with all projects listed in the SPE in the 2 years immediately preceding the APE Part 1 application.
Candidates are encouraged to request that their supervising architect/s review the Statement before lodging your Part 1 & 2 application.
- SUBMIT AS ONE DOCUMENT IN PDF.
- Log Sheets (V.7 Feb 2018 or latest)
- Copy of M. Arch Degree Testamur (full face of the testamur) or certificate of completion of an alternative pathway. The academic qualification must be specifically mentioned in the Statutory Declaration or provide a copy of the degree testamur that is certified by a Justice of the Peace.
- NSW Statutory Declaration (signed by Justice of the Peace or Legal Practitioner declaring that the documents are true and correct records of architectural experience and qualification). The Statutory Declaration is valid for this submission only.
- Certificate of Name Change
The Certificate must be issued by the Register of Births, Deaths and Marriages. The Certificate of Name Change must be specifically mentioned in the Statutory Declaration or provide a copy of the certificate certified by a Justice of the Peace.
For those applicants who are claiming experience that has not been obtained under the supervision of an architect, Document #2 must also include:
- Two references from employers. At least one reference should come from a referee within the candidate's current place of work noting:
- the projects where the referee worked with the applicant
- executive level role in the relevant projects
- SUBMIT AS ONE DOCUMENT IN PDF.
Applicants requesting special needs accommodation must, when applying for Parts 1 & 2 of the APE, submit an application in writing together with current supporting documentation from an appropriately qualified medical practioner.
Before you proceed with the application, please ensure your submission is complete to avoid delay. Incomplete documents or those not in the prescribed format will not be accepted and will result in unsuccessful Part 1 assessment. Read the AACA Procedure for Candidates for the prescribed formats.
- Tick box to confirm that details are correct.
- Proceed to payment. Visa or Mastercard are accepted.
A receipt will be emailed to you.
NOTE: Part 1 assessment takes around 4 weeks. Candidates should expect to receive confirmation to sit the National Examination Paper by email.