From 1 June, all architects registered in NSW are required to renew their registration for the year ahead. Architects can now log-in to their accounts to renew their registration, move to the non-practising category or re-register as a practising architect in just a few minutes. Renewals close on 30 June.
Here's our checklist to ensure you're ready for the 2018-2019 year:
- If you're a practising architect, have you completed 20 hours of CPD, including 10 hours of Formal CPD?
- Be ready to upload your CPD Activity Record, or
- Download the ARB Open App to save you time, or
- Log in to your account to enter CPD directly.
Disciplinary action can result from failure to demonstrate CPD.
- Log in to your account to confirm your details are correct on the Register.
Section 29 (a) gives architects just 14 days to advise of any change in particulars.
- If you're a Nominated Architect, check your company details are correct on the Register.
Section 29 (b) gives companies just 7 days to advise of any changes in particulars.
- If you're planning extended time off to care for a parent or partner, will retire, or plan not to practise for foreseeable future, consider transferring to the non-practising category.
Architects will receive six reminders before registrations close on 30 June. On 1 July, the Board is required by the Act to remove any architect from the Register who has not re-registered. A restoration fee of $150 applies after this date.