The Board is now seeking nominations for assessors for APE Part 3 interviews. These interviews are conducted by the Board on behalf of the Architects Accreditation Council of Australia (AACA) twice each year. Architects who are already on the Panel do not need to re-nominate in 2021.
Applicants are expected to be available during the exam periods (June-July and October-November 2021) for at least one year and up to three years. The honorarium paid to assessors is $150 per candidate interviewed.
Applicants will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
- Current registration as an architect in NSW and a minimum of five years post-registration experience;
- An understanding of the role of the NSW Architects Registration Board;
- Knowledge of the National Standard of Competency for Architects (NSCA);
- Current and significant experience in the NSCA Elements of Competency relating to Practice Management (9); Project Delivery (7 & 8); Documentation (6); and Detailed Design (5);
- An understanding of the contemporary architectural practice environment.
- Experience in the supervision and mentoring of graduates of architecture and early-career architects;
- Familiarity with the AACA APE Procedure for Candidates and APE Guide for Assessors; and
- Ability to synthesize complex information and formulate decisions in a team environment.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and wish to nominate as an assessor, please click “NEXT” AND complete the APE Assessors Nomination Form by 5.00pm Monday, 1 March 2021.
To complete this application form you must submit the following information:
- Personal and contact details;
- NSW Architect Registration number;
- Previous assessor experience or whether you are seeking to join the NSW APE Assessor Standing Panel for the first time (NOTE: if you are already on the NSW Standing Panel of Assessors you do not need to re-nominate in 2021);
- A signed Conflict of Interest declaration;
- Current CV (maximum 2 pages); and
- Supporting Statement addressing the Selection Criteria (maximum 2 pages).
Nominations will be assessed by a Selection Committee comprising the NSW APE Convenor (Chair), the Registrar and a Board member. Appointments will be for 3 years, with re-nomination required at the end of each 3-year period.
Please note that if you are already on the NSW Standing Panel of Assessors you do not need to re-nominate in 2021.